Wednesday 28 March 2012

I've been a bit busy/lazy lately....

Here I am! At Bayon temple! I think it is my favourite of the temples because I like all the faces. It was built in the late 12th or early 13th century as a Mahayana Buddhist temple, after the death of the king (Jayavarman VII) the state religion was changed to Hinduism, and the temple became Hindu as well. At some point after that the state religion changed to Theravada Buddhism and the temple once again changed religion too. That's about all I can remember my friend and tour guide Da telling me about it, it you want to know more, google it!

Anyway, so I've been busy backpacking, it's been super, check out my travel blog for more details! Now I'm being lazy in Siem Reap with 4 days until I move into the school house and 10 days before I actually start teaching. So really, I now have all the time in the world to do things, but instead I'm not really doing things, just hanging out in cafes and reading my book. It's a great book... not great literature by any means, but a good holiday read. Once I finish it maybe I'll write a review of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment