Tuesday 7 February 2012

And Now for Something Completely Different...

(pic from here)
Just to prove this blog isn't only about animals, here is a post that isn't about animals. (Even though there is a kangaroo in that picture!)
It can be about me instead :) I am currently in Australia (Melbourne if you wana be specific). And I go grocery shopping with a kangaroo. It's great. My kangaroo doesn't even need a leash.
Melbourne is pretty great, but I'm super excited to be off on a new adventure to South East Asia in 27 days! Then my supermarket buddy can be a pangolin.

 I'm flying into Bangkok on the 5th March with one of my best friends. We are travelling around Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, and hopefully Laos (if time allows) for 3 weeks, and then I'm settling in Siem Reap for 3 months volunteer English teaching. After that, who knows! I'm super excited. (and I know I said that already, but I really really am).

Anyway. Right now, living in Melbourne. Thursday night is $1 champagne night at a bar in town so that's pretty fantastic.

I work at a cafe. It's at the training ground of one of the AFL teams. I don't follow the footy, I'd never even heard of it before I moved here. But there are still perks, the main one being getting to see a whole lot of incredibly fit men run around with their shirts off...

I'm a little bit obsessed with this song at the moment.... (Somebody That I Used To Know - Gotye ft Kimbra). Kimbra is a New Zealander living in Melbourne, just like me. Unfortunately that's about all the similarities between us. She is much more talented, more beautiful, and waaay cooler than me!

And just before I go do my laundry, here are a couple of fun animal facts:

- The female kangaroo will give birth to a new offspring right about the time she ejects the older joey from her pouch. During this time of transition, she will simultaneously produce two different types of milk for the different needs of her young. Each joey knows which teat is theirs and will only nurse from the appropriate one. (source)

- Pangolins are covered in scales. These scales are made of keratin, the same stuff that fingernails and hair are made from. The scales grow continuously. (source)

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment