Wednesday 1 February 2012

A Business of Ferrets

source
These are ferrets. As I have mentioned, a group of ferrets is called a BUSINESS.
These guys do look pretty business like, I guess.
I grew up not liking ferrets because they were always eating Mum's chickens. But these guys don't look so bad. Once I saw a girl taking a ferret for a walk on a lead in the botanic gardens. I really enjoyed the way it moved.
Here is a video, just in case you haven't seen a ferret running. I love that weird bendy bit in the middle of their back.
They kinda make me think of long, stretched-out cats.

source


- A male ferret is called a hob, a female is called a jill.
- Queen Victoria was a big fan of ferrets, and gave them as gifts to loved ones.
- A newborn baby ferret is small enough to fit in a teaspoon.
- Ferrets are easy to train.
- And they can SWIM!!

source


Actually, after spending the past half-hour  watching videos of ferrets and reading ferret facts I may just have a new favourite animal :)

Click here to find out all you need to know about ferrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment